BSX Insight Provides Endurance Athletes with Real Time Wearable Feedback
BSX Athletics (BSX), is a leading innovator in sports training technologies, and recently launched their all-in-one wearable sensor, BSX Insight. Unlike other devices that just track your steps or calories, BSX Insight aims to be the only fitness tracker endurance athletes will ever need. The sensor pairs with your sports watch and simultaneously monitors heart rate, cadence, speed/pace, calories burned, and for the first time ever, your Lactate Threshold – all from a single device.
For those unfamiliar, lactate threshold is the gold standard for endurance training. It is an extremely reliable and powerful predictor of performance in aerobic exercise and, up until now, it’s always been laboratory-based blood test.
Have you ever wondered what your athletic horsepower is, and how it stacks up against the competition? Well, you’re about to find out!
Insight “looks inside” your muscle during exercise to measure real bio signals and determine how hard you’re actually working, compared with how hard you should be working. Through paired communication with your sports watch it lets you know, in real-time, whether to speed up, slow down, or even rest. BSX Insight is best used both during training as well as on race day to help you finish your perfect race. With BSX Insight you are sure to get the most out of every mile, every time.
Insight is worn on the back of your calf and held in place by a compression sleeve. The device is only a prototype now, but by the time of production, it is expected to be approximately 40% smaller and lighter, as well as get a design overhaul to make it sleeker.
Whether you train to complete or train to compete, chances are you do it because it tells you something about yourself. Sports are about self actualization and discovery. If you’re like the rest of us, training with tech is not about the numbers but the self awareness. It helps you recognize how your body is responding to training and make the real-time adaptations that will help you become your very best.
Industry experts report that training with lactate threshold can increase performance up to 5% to 25% in elite and aspiring athletes. Envision shaving a full 40 minutes off your marathon PR. How great would that feel?
With BSX Insight you completely take the guesswork out of training, enabling you to train smarter. It does this by simultaneously measuring your HR, pace, cadence, fuel reserves and most importantly your lactate threshold (or athlete horsepower). These create a composite of your current fitness profile and tell you precisely what changes to make so you can focus on what your body needs.
Three versions to choose from!
- The sensor is comfortably placed on the leg using a stylish, custom designed compression sleeve.
- LEDs shine an invisible light inside your calf muscle during exercise.
- The signal of light is altered as it returns back to the sensor.
- Real time analysis of all 5 bio signals are used to precisely determine how hard your body is actually working.
- Information is immediately sent back to your paired sports watch telling you how to adjust intensity.
- Training recommendations are simple and actionable (e.g. “slow down!”) so you can focus only on the workout while the tech does the rest.
- After your workout, BSX Insight automatically syncs with our free web-based software (trainBSX) so that you can review all your data.
If you’re the kind of person who likes being at the forefront of change and believes in challenging the status quo, in finding a better way, and in improving yourself, then we’d love to have you accompany us on this journey.
- Take our prototypes through one final board spin as we prepare for volume manufacturing
- Complete the software that will enable BSX Insight to communicate with your sports watch or other wearable device. (It currently only connects with Garmin devices and we want it to connect with others like Polar, Suunto, Timex, and more).
- Integrate with social and training platforms like Training Peaks, Strava, Daily Mile, Athlinks, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Finalize the sleek, low profile, fully miniaturized design.
Support the BSX Kickstarter here: http://kck.st/1isZXJ9
Help spread the word!