Game of Thrones: Lemon Cake
Sansa was running out of patience now. “You have to come with me,” she told her sister firmly. “You can’t refuse the queen. Septa Mordane will expect you.”
Arya ignored her. She gave a hard yank with the brush. Nymeria growled and spun away, affronted. “Come back here!”
“There’s going to be lemon cakes and tea,” Sansa went on, all adult and reasonable. Lady brushed against her leg. Sansa scratched her ears the way she liked, and Lady sat beside her on her haunches, watching Arya chase Nymeria.
Game of Thrones: Lemon Cakes
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 6" round cake pan or equivalent.
- In a medium bowl, sift together all dry ingredients except for the sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the almond milk, sugar, coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon oil and vanilla. Gradually add in your dry ingredients, whisking together each addition.
- Pour the batter into your baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out nearly clean.
© HERBIVORE TRIATHLETE. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.